You can choose to purchase your data separately, or let Idea Engine take care of all the details for you:
- Complete turn-key direct mail packages, starting at .49 cents out the door
- Mail piece design and copywriting services available at no charge
- Free mail tracking, so you know exactly when your mail arrives in-home
- Phone records available, pre-scrubbed against the Do Not Call Registry
When it comes to building soup-to-nuts direct mail lead campaigns, we’re your complete one-stop shop. Basically, we take care of all the heavy lifting for you, so you don’t have to worry about where your next lead will come from.
Here’s just a small list of industries we specialize in: Mortgage (FHA, HARP, Conventional Refi), Debt Settlement, Real Estate, and just about any type of financial service category.
Know The Good, The Bad & The Ugly of Direct Mail:
As with any marketing effort, there are pros & cons do doing direct mail. You need to know the good, the bad, and yes, sometimes the ugly sides before you act.
The Good: There’s no question that a well-planned direct mail campaign is proven to generate at least a 2-3x return on your investment. The winning formula is simple:
1) Select the right list: Since about half of your budget goes to postage, you can’t afford to waste money mailing to unqualified consumers.
2) Develop a compelling message: For best results, keep the message simple and avoid over-selling, or throwing out too much information in the letter. A simple snap-pack style mailer works well and has a very high open rate – mostly because it looks “important” to read.
3) Stay flexible and track results: What works today, may not work the next day. A good practice is to set up a sampling of variables – i.e. different list criteria & content – and test/track the results for post analysis. Quite simply, learn what’s working lately, and dump what’s no longer performing.
The Bad & Ugly: Unfortunately, there are some unscrupulous – or “shady” – direct mail practices out there. And all of them can be easily averted if you know the right questions to ask. Here are most common trouble areas, and more importantly, how to avoid them:
1) Your list has been used by multiple advertisers – including your direct competitors. Beware of vendors who carelessly offer “one size fits all” discounted lists, which can be re-sold over and over, and remember you get what you pay for. Rather, invest in a fresh, custom prepared credit bureau list that you select and control – and it will be worth every penny!
2) You overpaid for postage. Exact postage can vary by up to .06 per piece, depending on the composition of the mailing list. Postage should be a direct pass-through cost, but some vendors will inflate the postage amount to offset a “too good to be true” low mailing cost – and pocket the difference. With us, you know exactly what the real postage cost is.
3) You paid for more than what actually mailed. We hear it all too often: clients who have been burned by vendors who didn’t end up mailing the full amount paid for – or sometimes, the mail was never dropped at all. But how can you prove it? Easy. There are two methods for ensuring your mail gets dropped completely and on time, and both are free. We’ll tell you what they are.
If you’re serious about taking your marketing to a whole new level, contact us today for a free consultation to learn all the answers, and then some.
Below is just a sampling of our mailing list specialties:
Call today for your free direct mail consultation: 888.980.IDEA (4332), or e-mail us at email@example.com